Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

GETTING ONE STEP CLOSER TO OUR DREAM

   The move is complete! We are presently living at Lake Haven RV Retreat in Indianapolis, IN until Don's retirement.
   I wasn't sure for awhile there if we'd survive the packing, moving, and all the other innumerable things that goes along with it and still have our sanity (and marriage) intact. But with God's grace, lots of deep breathing exercises and counting to 10 plenty of times, we did it!
   The Suite Pea isn't as organized as I'd like her to be as our Shelf Genie storage won't be installed until the second week of August due to slide work we're having done July 30th. While in northern Indiana with the slide, we'll take the time to visit Lehman's to discuss my plans for a desk/dining table combo I've designed. Hopefully they'll be able to accommodate me (and at a reasonable price). Those two improvements should help tremendously.
   Did I mention I'm still playing catch up with 30 years of photographs to scrapbook? I have pictures and supplies piled in the living area and the bedroom as well. It'll give me something to do in the winter months, but right now it's infringing on our much desired space. Definitely switching over to computerized scrapbooking after this.




   As for Lake Haven, it's not a bad little park. It's clean and quite. Lots of returning snowbirds here. Convenient to the interstate and Don's work. A nice size laundromat with all new equipment. It has a small lake (pond actually, if you're from Michigan), that's really quite pretty.


   The lake has a small beach, which I guess is fine if you're a kid. As an adult I'd prefer a pool.


   The sites are a little closer together than we'd like, but hey, at least we don't have any little yapping dogs near us. All in all, it serves it's purpose.


   Now last but not least, Don and I have an ongoing disagreement. He contends that since we now live in the Suite Pea that we are officially fulltimers. I on the other hand, claim that until we can pick up and go where we want, when we want, we are merely "trailer park trash". 8-)
   What say you?




   Here's looking at you kid......................................

3 comments:

Merikay said...

Sounds like you are Full Timmers to me! I have always thought of trailer trash as living in run down mobile homes!

But I have learned to keep my mouth shut!

Sue and Doug said...

sounds like you are full timers to me..living in a trailer park!..enjoy!..so wish it was us too..but not to be as yet!

Nan said...

In my humble opinion, you are fulltimers! Just as much as John and I are, also sitting here in south Indy waiting for John's appointments with physician to be over and done!

I had no idea there were more fulltimers "camped" around here.